The car has undergone a complete restoration in our workshop. The body was bead blasted clean and all bad metal replaced. The brakes, suspension, electrics and all original Carrera parts have all been overhauled or replaced.
The 4 cam engine has bee rebuilt and with new pistons/cylinders, con rods and valves etc.
The original vinyl and cloth interior have been put back in the car as it was in a superb condition a new German carpet kit and headliner have been fitted.
The car has a factory electric sunroof and Eberspaecher heater.
Carrera 2, History in Images
- Factory cardx 01/04/1963 Vin No 123845.
- Factory letter stating it was a press car until 06/04/1965.
- A email stating the car was used by Huschkle Von Hanstein (The racing Baron) who was head of after sales at Porsche.
- Factory Invoice/Stock book showing the sale of the car to Eberhard Hess of Carl Krafft & Sohne GMBH an Co KG for 15,500DM on 06/04/1965. Original Factory Engine 01/04/1963 No 97239, Factory replacent Engine in 06/04/1965 No 97004 on Cardex, Current engine No97236. 3 numbers out from original Factory engine.
- A Email from Eberhard Hess with some brief history of when he owned the car.
- Repair invoices form Nordrhein 13/01/1970 and 15/04/1970 and from Borgmann 29/07/1970 and 25/09/1970.
- Invoice 24/07/1971 sold by Karl Evers of Germany to A.E.P Heron of New York for 7,300DM.
- German Ownership certificate 27/07/1971.
- New York Registration 1978/79.
- Various shipping, import and customs forms on entry to the UK September 1978.
- Stored in the UK for over 20 years until I purchased the car in August 2003.